First day of rehearsal
Monday 21st August - First day of rehearsal - Horsham.
These can be funny sort of days. You meet up officially for the first time, everyone is itching to get cracking, but there is so much "boring" stuff to get through first before you can start. I was half way into my (very funny) monologue about the company and how we work, when I tried to tell everybody that I was a real stickler for "punctuality" - but I actually said I was a real stickler for "punctuation"!
This is probably because on the way in to work I was listening to the breakfast show on BBC London and Jo Good was asking listeners for their punctuation "bugbears". In showbizland, of course, I like many people look out for missing exclamation marks - especially in Oklahoma! Oliver! and Honk! Most of all it reminded me of that great musical Elephant! from the film The Tall Guy.
Funny enough - according to the season brochure - Oliver (without an !) is playing The Capitol this autumn.
Look out world, Dream! is up and running and we've only had one day of rehearsal. (!)
These can be funny sort of days. You meet up officially for the first time, everyone is itching to get cracking, but there is so much "boring" stuff to get through first before you can start. I was half way into my (very funny) monologue about the company and how we work, when I tried to tell everybody that I was a real stickler for "punctuality" - but I actually said I was a real stickler for "punctuation"!
This is probably because on the way in to work I was listening to the breakfast show on BBC London and Jo Good was asking listeners for their punctuation "bugbears". In showbizland, of course, I like many people look out for missing exclamation marks - especially in Oklahoma! Oliver! and Honk! Most of all it reminded me of that great musical Elephant! from the film The Tall Guy.
Funny enough - according to the season brochure - Oliver (without an !) is playing The Capitol this autumn.
Look out world, Dream! is up and running and we've only had one day of rehearsal. (!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home